After Effects Techniques Tips
Learn looping animation techniques for motion graphics and web design using Adobe After Effects. Owen Lowery shows you how to create a “never-ending” animated loop comprised of multiple nested looped elements and render the results as an animated GIF. Along the way, you’ll learn how to work with AE expressions, loop footage with Time Remap, and use effects such as Echo and Offset to create background loops. At the end of the project, you’ll render the results as versatile animated GIFs, using Photoshop and the third-party AE Scripts plugin.
- Working with loop expressions
- Looping mash and shape paths
- Combining expressions
- Looping footage with Time Remap
- Looping with effects
- Rendering loops as animated GIFs
Learn how to create a looping animation for motion graphics and web design using Adobe Photoshop. Owen Lowery shows how to create animated loops in a variety of styles (including a hand-drawn look) and export them as different file types, suitable for web or video. Along the way, you’ll learn how to set up a Photoshop workspace specifically for animation, animate layers in the Timeline, use onion skinning, and add color and texture to your animation. The results are exported as versatile animated GIFs and as video that can be used in other motion graphics programs such as After Effects.
- Working with the Photoshop Timeline panel and video layers
- Animating frame by frame in Photoshop
- Exporting animation and other media types to animated GIFs
- Preparing After Effects animation loops for Photoshop